VVIP bus catches fire, burns beyond repairs

A VVIP bus with registration number AS 2416-20 carrying passengers from the Damongo in the Savannah Region to Tamale on today 2nd February, 2022 caught fire and burnt completely at Bonyanto, a farming community in Damongo the Damongo municipality.

According to an eye witness, the 18 seater bus made an abrupt stop in the Bonyanto community with the driver of the vehicle complaining of overheating of the car.

Personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service rushed to the scene from Damongo but that could not save the car from burning.

The eyewitness further indicated that for about 45 minutes, the driver was alone in the car when all of a sudden the car started burning from the under. This caused the community members to start pouring out in their numbers with buckets of water to help save the car from burning but the intensity of the fire was very high.

The vehicle burnt down totally beyond recognition in the process.

However, no casualty has been recorded.

By: Prince Kwame Tamakloe/Rainbowradioonline.com/Ghana

You might also like

Comments are closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More