East Legon branch of Marwako operated with an expired food hygiene permit, La branch had no permit- FDA
The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has revealed that the La branch of Marwako restaurant did not have a food hygiene permit to operate.
According to the regulator, the East Legon branch where the food poisoning happened had their permit expired.
The Director for Legal and Corporate Affairs at the FDA, Joseph Bennie, disclosed this.
He was reacting to the findings of the FDA on the suspected food poisoning at the East Legon branch of Marwako restaurant.
“The La branch did not have a food hygiene permit to operate. They put in an application in the last two weeks…we received the application as far back as last week”.
Mr. Bennie added that “the East Legon branch had a permit…but unfortunately for them, it had expired at the time of the incident”.
“I need to confirm the Abelemkpe branch but the La branch did not have a Food hyena permit”.